Monday, July 9, 2012

Hoarding 101

I truly believe I have a hoarder inside of me trying to make its way out!   When I was a little girl I collected rocks....barbies...old pictures...snow globes..and my most embarrassing...chewed gum in a ball (I was in high school I thought it was unique what can I say???) 

As I grew up the things I collect have gotten a bit more sophisticated....I emphasize a bit because in the eyes of some people old keys and old bits of rusty metal are racked right up there with chewed gum!


I just can not bear to throw things away that will have a use someday!  I have been better and my kids help me alot!  They now have learned to ask...What will you do with that and Where will you put it? And Why do you want it????

 


Finding beauty in the not so beautiful is what life is about.  In all the found objects I have saved and try to give new life to (minus a chewed gum ball) is just part of the creative process.  Finding new uses for items that are easily thrown away is quickly turning into a passion and creative obsession for me.


Someday The American Pickers may come along and offer me a million dollars for the old 7-up cooler I have or for the Vintage Sawyer Viewfinder I can not get rid of (after all it has state park slides!!!!!) and then I will be able to tell my children as they are driving away in  their brand new convertibles..."I hoarded for you"...."It was all for you"!!!!

1 comment:

  1. April I love this! And I'm glad I get to benefit from your 'collections!'

    ReplyDelete